ABOUT WORLD CITIES SUMMIT
- When and where is the World Cities Summit taking place?
- The World Cities Summit will take place from 5-9 July 2020 in Singapore, at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands.
- What are the key highlights of World Cities Summit?
- The key highlights of the World Cities Summit include:
- The Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize – a biennial international award that honours outstanding achievements and contributions to the creation of liveable, vibrant and sustainable urban communities around the world. The Prize Laureate will share insights and its development experience at the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize Lecture during the WCS. The Lee Kuan Yew Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet will be held on the same evening and ticketed separately.
- The World Cities Summit Mayors Forum is a by-invitation-only global event for mayors, city leaders to discuss pressing urban issues and share best practices in a peer-to-peer platform. A select group of leaders from the industry and international organisations will also be invited to contribute their perspectives. Run annually, the Forum is held in the Laureate city of the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize in the odd years.
- The World Cities Summit Young Leaders Symposium is a by-invitation-only event for the WCS Young Leaders, an initiative that involves almost 200 frontrunners from diverse urban sectors in cities globally. Every year at the Symposium, the WCS Young Leaders come together to catalyse change in cities and help shape urban development agendas.
- What edition is the WCS 2020?
- Held every alternate year, the World Cities Summit started in 2008 and is into its 7th edition in 2020.
- The annual WCS Mayors Forum started in 2010 and is into its 11th edition in 2020, while the annual WCS Young Leaders Symposium started in 2014 and is into its 7th edition.
- How do I participate in the WCS 2020?
- To participate as a sponsor, please write to email@example.com
- To participate as a delegate, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media interest, please write to email@example.com
- For interest in organising co-located events/workshops/meetings alongside the WCS 2020, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT INTEGRATION WITH SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK (SIWW) AND CLEANENVIRO SUMMIT SINGAPORE (CESG)
- Why is the World Cities Summit held in conjunction with the Singapore International Water Week and CleanEnviro Summit Singapore?
- There is a need to create synergies across industries and innovations in order to deliver integrated urban solutions, as well as to develop a forward-looking and holistic approach to urban planning and sustainable development.
- Since the three events were first organised as an integrated global platform in 2012, World Cities Summit, Singapore International Water Week and CleanEnviro Summit Singapore have grown in reach and influence. In 2018, The three events were attended by over 24,000 participants, including 43 Ministers, 133 mayors and city leaders, government officials, industry leaders and city experts, academics as well as representatives from the business community across 110 countries and regions. A total of 1,100 companies participated at the event, with S$26 billion worth of business announcements made. This shows the relevance and unparalleled value-add in having the three events held together.
ABOUT CITY SOLUTIONS SINGAPORE (CSS)
- What is City Solutions Singapore?
- The City Solutions Singapore expo was launched in 2016. It brings together leading companies and innovative start-ups in the business of urban development, water, and waste and cleaning management to showcase innovative solutions.
- With over 1,100 participating companies, City Solutions Singapore provides a platform to establish partnerships and seek business opportunities. It is an international marketplace of choice for stakeholders across the value chain of sustainable development.
- How do I participate in City Solutions Singapore?
- To take up exhibition floor space at CSS, please write to email@example.com.