The biennial World Cities Summit is an exclusive platform for government leaders and industry experts to address liveable and sustainable city challenges, share integrated urban solutions and forge new partnerships. Jointly organised by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities and Urban Redevelopment Authority, key highlights of the Summit include the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize, the annual World Cities Summit Mayors Forum, and World Cities Summit Young Leaders Symposium.
The Summit is anchored by the following:
- World Cities Summit Mayors Forum – The World Cities Summit Mayors Forum is an annual by-invitation-only global event for city leaders to discuss pressing urban issues and share best practices with one another. The peer-to-peer platform invites mayors and senior leaders from international organisations and the industry to exchange experiences in developing integrated urban solutions, building economic and environmental resilience, engaging with communities and sustaining a high quality of life in urban regions. In 2016, mayors and city leaders will hear from each other on innovations and changes they are implementing in their cities, and how these are managed.
- Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize Lecture & Forum – The Prize recognises outstanding international initiatives for city excellence by outstanding individuals and organisations who have contributed urban initiatives, policies or projects which epitomise foresight, good governance or innovation in overcoming the challenges faced by cities. Lecture and forum discussions will focus on four key pillars that are instrumental to the success of every city and its quality of urban life - liveability, vibrancy, sustainability and quality of life.
- World Cities Summit Young Leaders Symposium – The Young Leaders Symposium is an annual gathering of a select group of change-makers from diverse sectors who shape the global urban agenda where the decisions that leaders make today will impact more than half of the world's population. The World Cities Summit Young Leaders Symposium provides a platform for discourse on pressing urban issues and to launch initiatives to tackle the challenges of urbanisation such as planning for urbanisation and preparing cities to be inclusive by creating better access to opportunities such as affordable housing, sustainable transportation, accessible education and meaningful employment.
- Plenary Sessions and Thematic Tracks –A series of high-level plenary sessions which provide strategic insights from senior city and organisational leaders on the interplay of leadership and governance and the latest debate on liveability and sustainability. Plenary sessions are complemented by thematic tracks for in-depth discussion of specific urban issues.
- Site visits - Site visits are specially designed half-day tours that offer World Cities Summit participants first-hand perspectives on how policies and ideas can be implemented successfully. Hosted by diverse public sector agencies in Singapore, these visits will give participants a behind-the-scenes look at real issues while providing unique, practical learning experiences.
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH SIWW, CESS & SITCE
About Singapore International Water Week
The Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) is the global platform to share and co-create innovative water solutions. The biennial event gathers stakeholders from the global water industry to share best practices, showcase the latest technologies and tap business opportunities. SIWW is part of the strategic programme of the Singapore Government to grow the water industry and develop water technologies.
For more information, visit www.siww.com.sg
CleanEnviro Summit Singapore (CESS)
The third biennial CleanEnviro Summit Singapore, organised by National Environment Agency, Singapore will be held from 10 to 14 July 2016, in conjunction with the Singapore International Water Week and the World Cities Summit. This is a global platform for government and industry leaders to identify, develop and share practical, replicable and scalable solutions to address environmental challenges in the context of waste-water-energy nexus in growing cities.
For more information, visit www.cleanenvirosummit.sg
LTA-UITP Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE)
The third edition of LTA-UITP International Transport Congress and exhibition will return in July 2018, focusing on how digital technologies will transform the rail transport landscape and the need to bring innovative solutions to a people-centric transportation sytem in order to improve commuters' experience. Themed "People at the heart of digital railways", the event will host a congress, exhibition, technical tours and various networking sessions to allow the transportation community from all over the world to share knowledge, learn more about the latest technologies and establish new contacts.
For more information, visit www.sitce.org