World Cities Summit Young Leaders typically:
- Have proven records as established leaders in urban sectors through championed projects or published insights
- Come from sectors related to urban development and governance
- Possess impeccable records in the public eye and are of good social standing
- Are passionate about the programme and are willing to cultivate the next batch of young urban leaders as mentors;
- Are between the ages of 30 and 45 at the time of nomination
All Young Leaders will actively be involved in World Cities Summit events and Symposium discussions and are encouraged to launch initiatives for 3 years from the time they are appointed. After 3 years, members are entitled to join the Alumnus, and have privileged access to members' events and will be invited to mentor current members.