World Cities Summit
The biennial World Cities Summit (WCS) is an exclusive platform for government leaders and industry experts to address liveable and sustainable city challenges, share integrated urban solutions and forge new partnerships. Jointly organised by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), key highlights of the Summit include the WCS Mayors Forum, the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize and the WCS Young Leaders Symposium.
The next edition of the World Cities Summit will be held from 20–24 June 2021 in Singapore.
The WCS is anchored by the following events:
- Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize Lecture & Forum – Inaugurated in 2010 and named after Singapore’s first Prime Minister, the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize is a biennial international award that honours outstanding achievements and contributions to the creation of liveable, vibrant and sustainable urban communities around the world.
- World Cities Summit Mayors Forum – The WCS Mayors Forum is an exclusive, by-invitation-only, global platform for mayors and city leaders to discuss pressing urban challenges and share best practices.
- World Cities Summit Smart Cities Workshop - The inaugural WCS Smart Cities Workshop will be held as part of the World Cities Summit 2021. Cities are invited to send teams of up to three to participate in an intensive half day programme with exclusive talks, private consultation sessions with experts and networking opportunities.
- Plenaries – Insights sharing by high-level speakers from governments, international organisations and industry sectors on cross-disciplinary policies, management strategies and solutions.
- Thematic Tracks – City leaders and practitioners who have directly led projects to their successful conclusion share case studies and best practices. This takes places in six sessions, across six domains of urban leadership – governance and planning, building and financing, technology and science.
- Co-Located Events – Co-Located Events are organised by our partnering organisations and each session deep-dives into specific topics related to liveable and sustainable cities. The Co-Located Events complement and reinforce the main programme of the WCS.
- Site Visits – Specially designed half-day tours offer World Cities Summit participants first-hand perspectives on how policies and ideas can be implemented successfully. Hosted by diverse public sector agencies in Singapore, each site visit is a unique learning experience that provides a behind-the-scenes look at real issues.
- Cities @ City Solutions Singapore – City Solutions Singapore (CSS) is the preferred global platform for over 1,000 companies to showcase new and cutting-edge solutions for smart nations and urban environments. CSS provides the catalyst to seek new partnerships and business opportunities across the value chain of sustainable development.
The WCS is held in conjunction with the Singapore International Water Week and the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore:
- Singapore International Water Week – The biennial Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) is the global platform for stakeholders from the water industry to share best practices and co-create innovative solutions. Participants showcase the latest technologies and tap business opportunities. SIWW is part of the Singapore Government’s strategic programme to develop water technologies and grow the industry. For more information, visit www.siww.com.sg.
- CleanEnviro Summit Singapore – Organised by Singapore’s National Environment Agency, the biennial CleanEnviro Summit Singapore (CESG) is a global platform for government and industry leaders to identify, develop and share practical, replicable and scalable solutions to address environmental challenges in the context of the waste-water-energy nexus in growing cities. For more information, visit www.cleanenvirosummit.sg.